A retainer is a fee paid in advance to secure your services. If you receive money from a client as a prepayment for services you will render, you can deposit it into the retainer and later apply that retainer as a payment against an invoice.
Billings Pro on the Mac
- Select a client from the client list
- Click on the account tab.
- Click on Add Retainer, fill in the details.
- Click Done
Billings Pro on the iPhone and iPad
- Select a client from the home screen or All Clients view
- Tap New Retainer at the top right, fill in the details of the payment.
- Tap Done