Reports are templates that extract the information in your database and present it in a useful format to facilitate improved business decisions. A report searches the whole database for information that matches certain criteria, fetches it, and includes it in its output. Reports can be accessed by clicking REPORTS in the sidebar. All reports in Daylite have a .dl4report file extension. Daylite comes with certain standard reports. You can simply run a standard report or set up and use your own custom reports if you wish.
Designing a Report
- Choose Daylite > Preferences.
- Click Report Templates.
- To add a new report, click New and select Report. The Report Designer opens.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and create the report.
If you have reports that you wish to add to Daylite, then click the "+" button, select the report template and click Open.
All locally stored report templates can be found at ~/Library/Application Support/com.marketcircle.daylite/Templates. If you had developed customized reports with the help of partners for older versions of Daylite, then you will have to contact your partners to design them for the latest version of Daylite.
You can review the Daylite Report Engine documentation by clicking here.
Running a Report
- In the sidebar, select REPORTS.
- Select the report you wish to run. Certain reports require user input (for example, date range). Enter the required criteria and click Run.
We have certified partners who can help you with creating custom reports. For more information, click here.