You will have to first export the form data as a text file containing tab-delimited or comma-delimited values. This text file can then be imported into Excel.
To export as a tab-delimited or comma-delimited text file:
- Under Forms, select a form.
- Select the entries you wish to export.
- Choose File > Export > Export Visible Columns and Selected Rows to File.
- In the sheet that opens, do the following:
- Enter a file name and select a location to save the file.
- Select a format to export. You can select one of the tab-delimited or comma-delimited formats. The tab-delimited format uses tab characters as separators between fields. The CSV (Comma delimited) format has each of the data elements separated by a comma. Tab-delimited/comma-delimited text files can be imported into spreadsheets and other database applications.
- Set the appropriate file encoding depending on what you want to do with the exported file. Otherwise, you may want to stick to the default file encoding which is Unicode (UTF8).
- Select the appropriate option for line endings. Otherwise, you may choose to stick to the default line ending which is LF (Default). For instance, if you wish to export items in Daylite as a comma-delimited text file and import that text file into Excel, you should choose the line ending CRLF (Windows).
- Click Save. Daylite creates and saves the exported file in the specified location.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful