Welcome to our help article on how to uninstall Daylite Mail Assistant, a plugin that connects with Apple Mail to add emails to Daylite. If you're experiencing any issues or errors with Daylite Mail Assistant, or if you're simply looking to remove it from your Mac, you've come to the right place.
In this article, we'll provide step-by-step instructions on how to safely remove and easily uninstall the Daylite Mail Assistant plugin from your Apple Mail application.
To uninstall from within the Daylite application:
- Quit Mail if running.
- Open Daylite, hold the Command ⌘ button on your keyboard while selecting Daylite from the top menu > Uninstall Mail Assistant.
- In the window that appears, enter your macOS User Name & Password, then click OK.
To uninstall manually:
- Quit Mail.
- Open Finder.
- Along the menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder.
- Copy/Paste /Library/Mail/ and click Go.
- If a "Disabled Bundles" folder is present, move it to the trash.
- Open the "Bundles" folder.
- Depending on past versions of Daylite installed, you may see the files below. If you see any of these, move them to the trash:
8. Once done, relaunch Mail. The Daylite Mail Assistant sidebar will no longer be present.
If you have ever installed Daylite 3 on your Mac, also go to ~/Library/Mail/Bundles and delete the DMI bundle found there.