A growing number of digital privacy laws include provisions that grant people the right to erasure. Because of this businesses must have a process to delete customer data from all the applications they use.
This does not constitute as legal advice and is understood to be general guidelines on how you can use Daylite as part of your greater GDPR compliance strategy. To ensure complete compliance with GDPR, discuss with your own council. Even with the right of erasure, you may be legally required to keep some types of information, eg. financial records.
- Choose View > List View
- Select the Contact requesting to have their data erased in Daylite
- Select an item in the Contact's Activity View
- Press the Delete Key
- If you need to keep the data, choose Unlink, if you need to delete the data, choose Move To Trash
- Repeat until all items are deleted and unlinked
- Delete the contact
- Choose Window along the menu bar and select Trash
- Select the items in the trash and choose Delete
Take caution when deleting information from the trash. Items deleted from the trash cannot be restored!
For more options to help your customers exercise their rights to erasure check out the free GDPR "Right to Erasure"Add-on in iOSXpert's PluginCenter