To move your main database (Billings Pro Server Admin) from one computer to another, please follow these steps.
Note: To be able to make changes in Billings Pro Server Admin, click the lock button and authenticate with a Mac OS X administrator credentials.
- Sync all Billings Pro clients (File -> Sync).
- Log out of Billings Pro (File > Log Out).
- Sync all mobile devices.
- Wipe the Touch databases from within Billings Pro iOS (Home > Settings > Account and tap Logout).
- Working from Billings Pro Server Admin, go to the Licenses pane and note down your license code and serial number.
- Turn Billings Pro Server Off.
- Working from the Databases pane, click "Backup Database" and create a backup of the database.
- Transfer the backup file to the new machine.
- Install Billings Pro Server Admin on the new machine.
- Launch Billings Pro Server Admin and select the option to Restore a backup.
- Go to the Licenses pane and add your license information.
- Turn Billings Pro Server On.
- Log in to Billings Pro.
If you are moving the database to a computer that already has Billings Pro Server Admin installed, then omit steps 9 and 10. Instead, in Billings Pro Server Admin, select Databases and choose Replace with Backup and complete the restoration process. Once done, proceed to steps 11-13.
Additional Note: Once the database is moved you must have all Mac and iOS devices log in to the new server. This will create a new local database for each device.