A retainer is a fee paid in advance in order to secure your services. If you receive money from a client as a prepayment for services you will render, you can deposit it into the retainer, and later apply that retainer as a payment against an invoice.
Billings Pro on the Mac
- Select a client from the client list.
- Click on the account tab.
- Click on Add Retainer, fill in the details.
- Click Done.
Billings Pro on the iPhone and iPad
- Select a client from the home screen or All Clients view.
- Tap Accounts, tap +, tap New Retainer at the top right, fill in the details of the payment.
- Tap Done.