While Billings Pro does not take payments directly from your clients , keeping track of each of your client's balance is important with Billings Pro. When the client makes a payment, you can select which invoice(s) you wish to apply the payment to. To make things easy you can choose an invoice or a client and apply payments from both places. When you choose an invoice first your payment will automatically be applied to that selected invoice. When you choose the client first you can choose which invoice(s) the payment is regarding.
- Choose the client in the client list
- Click on the Account tab at the top left of your Billings Pro window
- Select the invoice for which you are accepting a payment.
- If no invoice exists, you can add the payment for the client and apply it to a future invoice.
- Click add Payment at the bottom of the Billings Pro window
- Add the payment details.
- If the payment is applicable to multiple invoices, select the additional invoices in the regarding section
You can also access the Add Payment screen by selecting the client in the client list and choosing Client > Add Payment from the menubar.
To add a payment to an invoice:
- Select an invoice from the home screen or All Invoices view
- Tap Add Payment
- Fill in the details of the payment
- Tap done
To add a payment to a client account:
- Select a client from the home screen or All Clients view.
- Tap New Payment, fill in the details of the payment
- To apply the payment to more than one invoice tap Regarding and select the invoices to apply it to.
- Tap on the Work tab
- Tap All Clients
- Select the client you are adding payment for
- Tap on Accounts
- Tap on an individual Invoice or tap the "+" button in the top right corner of the app.
- Click on Add Payment (scroll down to see this)
- Enter the payment details
- Tap regarding to apply to multiple invoices
- Click done.