Sorting is a simple way of arranging the data you have in the multi-column list view in Daylite
Let's take the example of people and perform a sort.
To do a normal sort
- Select People.
- Choose View > Multi-Column List.
- Click once in the First Name column header. The objects in the list are sorted.
- Click the column header again to change the sort direction. You can also do a second sort, third sort, and more.
Let's take the example of a second sort for people.
To do a secondary sort
- Right-click in the column header and select Company. For ease of understanding sorting, keep the First Name and Company column headers right next to each other.
- Click once in the 'Company' header to sort the companies alphabetically. This is a normal sort.
- Option-click the 'First Name' header to do a second sort. The number "2" appears on the 'First Name' header to identify that this is a second sort. The first name of all the people displayed undergo a second sort.
In the above example, when you do the normal sort, companies are sorted alphabetically. When you do a second sort for the first names, each company is considered and the first names of the people for that company are sorted.
When sorting in the multi-list view, you can switch back to the list view and Daylite will preserve your sort settings. Simply sort the way you need, then click "view" and select "List".