In Billings 3, all custom templates resided in the Home > Library > Application Support > Billings > Templates folder. Once you migrate your database to Billings Pro, all your custom templates will be embedded in your database.
There are 3 reasons for doing this:
- Custom templates embedded into the database can be shared with other macs you use Billings Pro on.
- They can also be shared with your colleagues who use Billings Pro on their macs as well.
- When changes are made to the templates, they are synced to all users to maintain template consistency.
Templates, once embedded, will be available in Billings Pro > Preferences > Templates. If you notice that your templates are not in that section or have other templates that were not converted during the migration process: 1. Open the templates in the Billings template editor. 2. Choose Design > Conversion > Bulk Convert Billings 3.x template to Billings Pro 1.x and do the conversion.
You can now include these custom templates in Billings Pro.
- Working from the Templates pane of Billings Pro Preferences, click the + button.
- Browse to the location of your template, select it, and click Open.
- Click Sync.