To use a Gmail account with Daylite Mail on iOS, certain labels need to be set to “Show in IMAP”. If not configured correctly, an error will be displayed when trying to sync your Gmail account.
If you are experiencing this issue, please perform the following steps below:
- Log in to your Gmail account
- Click the gear icon then choose Settings
- Choose Forwarding and POP/IMAP and select Enable IMAP
- Under Folder size limits, select Do not limit the number of messages in an IMAP folder (default):
- Click Save Changes
- Choose Labels select Show in IMAP for
- All Mail
- Open the Daylite app on iOS and tap My Mail
Your Gmail account should now sync properly with Daylite and the error should be resolved.
You must ensure that All Mail, Sent, Spam, and Trash are checked to "Show in IMAP" or else you can get an error when adding your email to Daylite