Keeping Daylite up to Date up makes sure you have the newest features, best security, and latest bugs squashed. On the Mac, Daylite checks for updates periodically on its own, and the App Store iOS will check as well. However, you can choose to check for an update at any time.
- Open Daylite
- From the application menu bar, choose Daylite then Check For Updates...
- Click ‘Install Update’
How to Check for Updates on iOS
- Open the App Store, then tap Today at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap your profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to see pending updates and release notes.
- Tap Update next to an app to update only that app, or tap Update All.
How to Change Update Settings on macOS
Daylite periodically checks for new updates on it's on by default. We strongly recommend automatic updates, so you know you have the most secure, stable and best version of Daylite; however, you can disable automatic updates.
- Open Daylite
- From the application menu bar, choose: Daylite then Update Settings...
- Turn on, or off Check Automatically
- Close the window
Daylite Update Channels
In Daylite, you can choose three different channel updates: Official, Beta, or Nightly. We strongly recommend you use the official release channel unless advised by customer support, or if you're in an environment that can accept less stable releases.
The official release of Daylite is has been thoroughly tested and ready for public use. This is the default setting and recommended for anyone who is using Daylite in all circumstances. The official release is supported by customer support and includes release notes.
The beta release contains early access to bug fixes and new features. Daylite beta is not recommended for anyone using Daylite on production unless advised by customer support. Beta builds are less stable than the official releases, and the functionality may change without notice. May not have release notes.